In a horrible and despicable move, the Democrat Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi (CA), denied the request of Republicans to pay their respects to fallen warriors on the House floor.
The U.S. rapidly, unexpectedly, and hastily pulled out of Afghanistan on August 19, 2021. A week later, the Taliban attacked with a suicide bomber killing 13 U.S. soldiers, listed below:
- Marine Sgt. Johnny Rosario Pichardo, 25, of Lawrence, Massachusetts, assigned to 5th
- Marine Expeditionary Brigade, Naval Support Activity Bahrain.
- Marine Sgt. Nicole L. Gee, 23, of Sacramento, California, assigned to Combat Logistics Battalion 24, 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, North Carolina.
- Marine Staff Sgt. Darin T. Hoover, 31, of Salt Lake City, Utah, Military occupational specialty 0369, infantry unit leader.
- Marine Cpl. Hunter Lopez, 22, of Indio, California, is a rifleman.
- Marine Cpl. Daegan W. Page, 23, of Omaha, Nebraska, a rifleman.
- Marine Cpl. Humberto A. Sanchez, 22, of Logansport, Indiana, a rifleman.
- Marine Lance Cpl. David L. Espinoza, 20, of Rio Bravo, Texas, a rifleman.
- Marine Lance Cpl. Jared M. Schmitz, 20, of St. Charles, Missouri, a rifleman.
- Marine Lance Cpl. Rylee J. McCollum, 20, of Jackson, Wyoming, a rifleman.
- Marine Lance Cpl. Dylan R. Merola, 20, of Rancho Cucamonga, California, a rifleman.
- Marine Lance Cpl. Kareem M. Nikoui, 20, of Norco, California.
- Navy Corpsman Maxton W. Soviak, 22, of Berlin Heights, Ohio, assigned to 1st Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, Camp Pendleton, California.
- Army Staff Sgt. Ryan C. Knauss, 23, of Corryton, Tennessee. Knauss was assigned to the 9th PSYOP Battalion, 8th PSYOP Group, Ft. Bragg, North Carolina.
Representative Carlos Antonio Gimenez (FL), a Cuban-born American, is a retired firefighter. He was mayor of Miami-Dade County from 2011 to 2020. Rep. Gimenez recently tweeted that Speaker Pelosi (D) has impeded his efforts to honor the dead servicemen and women. After a silent moment of reflection and prayer on the floor of the House of Representatives, he intended to, and their names would be read aloud. It is an honor befitting the sacrifice of these brave Americans.
Pelosi will not recognize or remember them. After the Pledge of Allegiance and a moment of silence, Republican veterans, including Republican Representative Brian Mast (FL), a vet injured in Afghanistan, attempted to pay their respects. They were not afforded the time nor recognized, and instead, they just shut the House down.
Another veteran, Republican Representative Greg Steube (FL), communicated his disdain for Pelosi. Reflecting on how far our country has fallen, he expressed his shock and anger. The 13 men and women killed defending our nation and citizens should be read in Congress.
Discrediting them and playing politics with their memory is like spitting on their graves.